Lemon Hazelnut Tiramisu
Lemon Hazelnut Tiramisu
Giada De Laurentiis
1/2 cup fresh lemon juice (from 2 to 3 lemons)
2/3 cup sugar
1/2 cup hazelnut liqueur (such as Frangelico)
1/2 cup toasted and skinned hazelnuts
- Grated zest of 1 lemon
- 2 cups heavy cream
1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 5 tablespoons sugar
- 1 pound mascarpone cheese (at room)
- 48 crisp Italian ladyfingers or Savoiardi cookies
For the Lemon Hazelnut Syrup:
For the Tiramisu:
For the lemon-hazelnut syrup: in a small saucepan, combine the lemon juice, 1/2 cup water, and the sugar over medium heat. Bring to a boil, reduce the heat, and simmer for 5 minutes, stirring occasionally, until the sugar has dissolved. Take the pan off the heat and allow the syrup to cool, about 20 minutes. Stir in the hazelnut liqueur.
- For the tiramisu: in a food processor or blender, pulse the hazelnuts until finely chopped (but not a paste). Add the lemon zest and pulse once to combine. Set aside.
- In the bowl of an electric mixer fitted with the whisk attachment, whip the heavy cream in a large bowl until thick. Add the cinnamon and 2 tablespoons of the sugar and continue to whip until the cream holds soft peaks. In another bowl, beat together the remaining 3 tablespoons sugar and the mascarpone cheese for 30 seconds. Mix one-quarter of the whipped cream into the mascarpone mixture. Using a rubber spatula, fold in the remaining whipped cream. Set aside.
- Pour the lemon-hazelnut syrup into a small, shallow bowl. Dip 16 of the ladyfinger cookies in the syrup. Line the bottom of a 13 x 9 x 2-inch serving dish or other decorative serving dish with the dipped cookies, trimming the cookies, as necessary, to form an even layer. Spread one-third of the mascarpone mixture over the cookies. Sprinkle with one-third of the hazelnut mixture.
- Form 2 more identical layers, each consisting of 16 dipped ladyfinger cookies and ending with a layer of the mascarpone mixture sprinkled with the hazelnut mixture. Cover and refrigerate for at least 6 hours or preferably overnight. Remove the tiramisu from the refrigerator at least 1 hour before serving.
- Nutrition Serving Size
- per serving
Amount/Serving % Daily Value
- 37 grams
- 3 grams
- 21 grams
- Saturated Fat
- 10 grams
- 56 milligrams
- 150 milligrams
- 1 grams
- 20 grams
If I use the Savoiardi cookies what brand would you recommend?