Sauteed Shrimp Cocktail
Giada De Laurentiis
2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 pound jumbo shrimp (peeled, tail-on, deveined)
- 1 tablespoon herbes de Provence
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
1 1/4 cups plain yogurt
- 2 tablespoons mayonnaise
2 tablespoons whole-grain mustard
- recommended: Maille
1 1/2 tablespoons maple syrup
- 1 teaspoon turmeric
1 1/4 cup chopped fresh basil
- In a large skillet, heat the oil over medium-high heat. Add the shrimp and herbes de Provence. Season with salt and pepper.
- Cook until the shrimp are pink and cooked through, about 3 minutes on each side.
- In a small bowl, mix together the yogurt, mayonnaise, mustard, maple syrup, turmeric, and basil until smooth. Season with salt and pepper to taste. Place the yogurt mixture in a dipping bowl. Place the bowl of dipping sauce on a serving platter with the cooked shrimp.