You must be signed in to print this content
Crispy Chicken Meatballs
Giada De Laurentiis
- 1/2 cup freshly grated Parmesan
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh Italian parsley
- 2 tablespoons whole milk
- 3/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/4 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 1/4 cup panko breadcrumbs (plus 1 cup for breading)
- 3 large eggs (lightly beaten)
- 1 pound ground chicken (50/50 white and dark meat)
- 4 ounces mozzarella (diced into 1/2-inch cubes)
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- Vegetable oil (for frying)
- Marinara (warmed, for serving, optional)
- This recipe originally appeared on Giada's Holiday Handbook. Episode: Small Bites Potluck Party.
- In a large bowl, stir together the Parmesan, parsley, milk, salt, oregano, pepper flakes, 1/4 cup breadcrumbs and 1 egg. Add the chicken and gently stir to combine, being careful not to overwork the meat. Shape the meat mixture into bite-size balls and press a cube of mozzarella in the middle of each, sealing it with the meat around it.
- Set up a standard breading station: put the flour in one shallow bowl, the remaining 1 cup of breadcrumbs in a separate bowl and the remaining 2 eggs in another separate bowl. Roll each meatball in the flour, then the egg wash, then the breadcrumbs.
- Fill a medium Dutch oven a third of the way with vegetable oil and place over medium heat. Bring the oil to 350 degrees F using a deep-fry thermometer,
- Drop in the meatballs a few at a time so as to not lower the temperature, and fry until deep golden brown and cooked through, about 5 minutes. Remove to a paper towel-lined plate to drain and season with a pinch of salt. Continue with the remaining meatballs. Serve warm with marinara for dipping if desired.
- Nutrition Serving Size
- per serving
Amount/Serving % Daily Value
- 4 grams
- 10 grams
- 7 grams
- Saturated Fat
- 3 grams
- 68 milligrams
- 135 milligrams