Cocoa Rubbed Flank Steak Sandwiches
Giada De Laurentiis
- 1/2 cup mascarpone cheese
- 2 tablespoons prepared horseradish (well drained)
- 2 tablespoons ketchup
- Kosher salt
- One 2-pound flank steak
- 1 tablespoon unsweetened cocoa power
- 1 tablespoon ground dark-roast coffee
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon smoked paprika
1 tablespoon olive oil
- 6 ciabatta rolls
- This recipe originally appeared on Giada Entertains. Episode: Valentine’s Day Cookout.
- In a medium bowl, mix together the mascarpone, horseradish, ketchup and 1/2 teaspoon salt with a rubber spatula. Cover and refrigerate until ready to use.
- Allow the flank steak to come to room temperature for 30 minutes before grilling. Preheat a grill or grill pan to medium high.
- Meanwhile, mix together the cocoa powder, coffee, cumin and paprika in a small bowl. Sprinkle the steak on both sides with 1 1/2 teaspoons salt and rub with the cocoa mixture, followed by the olive oil (to help the spices stick).
- Grill the steak for about 8 minutes per side, until an instant-read thermometer registers 125 degrees F in the thickest part. Remove from the grill and let rest for at least 10 minutes.
- Meanwhile, cut the ciabatta rolls through the equator and grill, cut-side down, until golden brown and nicely marked, about 1 minute. Spread the rolls with the mascarpone mixture.
- Thinly slice the steak against the grain and pile onto the rolls. Slice the sandwiches in half and serve.
- per serving
Amount/Serving % Daily Value
- 29 grams
- 39 grams
- 19 grams
- Saturated Fat
- 9 grams
- 109 milligrams
- 432 milligrams
- 1 grams
- 2 grams