Spice and Smoke Cocktail
Giada De Laurentiis
- 1 jalapeno pepper (quartered, plus 3 slices for garnish (2 jalapenos))
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 2 ounces mezcal
- 3 ounces grapefruit juice
- 3 ounces club soda
- This recipe originally appeared on Giada Entertains. Episode: Valentine's Day Cookout.
- Combine the jalapeno quarters, sugar and 1/2 cup water in a small saucepan and bring to a simmer over medium heat. Simmer for 2 minutes. Set aside to infuse for about 45 minutes, depending on how spicy you want the syrup. Strain and discard the jalapenos.
- In a tall glass filled with ice, combine the mezcal, grapefruit juice and 1 ounce of the jalapeno syrup. Top off with the club soda. Give the drink a quick stir, then drop in the jalapeno slices and serve with a straw.