Chocolate Almond Mousse Cannoli
Giada De Laurentiis
- 1 cup heavy cream (at room temperature)
- 3/4 cup chopped bittersweet chocolate (70% preferred)
- 3 tablespoons powdered sugar (plus more for garnish)
- 1 cup ricotta cheese (at room temperature)
- 2 tablespoons amaretto liquor
- 6 full size cannoli shells
- 1/3 cup slivered almonds (toasted and roughly chopped)
- 12 brandied cherries (such as luxardo or Amarena)
- Originally seen on Giada In Italy, Season 3. Episode: Sweet Masters.
- Heat the heavy cream in a small sauce pan over medium heat until it just begins to simmer. Put the chocolate in a medium bowl and pour the hot cream over it. Allow the mixture to sit for 1 minute before stirring with a rubber spatula to combine until smooth. Place a piece of plastic wrap directly on the surface and allow to cool to room temperature. Once cool, add the powdered sugar to the bowl use a hand mixer to whip the mixture to soft peaks.
- Place the ricotta cheese and amaretto in a separate medium bowl and whisk to until smooth and combined. Add half of the chocolate whipped cream to the ricotta and fold gently to incorporate. When just a few streaks remain, add the reaming chocolate cream and continue to fold until completely combined.
- Spoon the mixture into a gallon resealable plastic bag. Massage the mixture toward one corner and snip the tip of that corner. From one end of the shell, place the tip in the middle of the cannoli shell and gently squeeze to fill the shell, pulling out as the mixture fills the shell. Repeat on the opposite side of the shell. Dip each end in the chopped almonds and press one cherry into each end. Repeat with the remaining shells. Serve Immediately or chill in the fridge for up to an hour. Before serving sift some powdered sugar over the top.
- Nutrition Serving Size
- per serving
Amount/Serving % Daily Value
- 27 grams
- 4 grams
- 21 grams
- Saturated Fat
- 7 grams
- 23 milligrams
- 261 milligrams
- 1 grams
- 6 grams