You must be signed in to print this content
Giada De Laurentiis
- 2 cups freshly squeezed orange juice
- 3 tablespoons freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups bitter orange liquor (such as Aperol)
- 1 bottle (750mL of prosecco)
- Originally seen on Giada In Italy, Season 3. Episode: Sweet Masters.
- In a small sauce pan combine the orange juice, lemon juice, sugar and salt. Warm over medium heat to just below a simmer, stirring with a wooden spoon to help dissolve the sugar. Once the sugar is dissolved, remove from the heat and stir in the bitter orange liquor. Set aside to cool completely.
- Pour the mixture into an 8 inch baking dish and freeze for 4 hours or until completely frozen. Using a fork, scrape the surface of the frozen mixture to form large shards of ice. Spoon about 1/2 cup of the mixture into a coupe and top with prosecco.