Chocolate Ice Cream Sandwiches
Giada De Laurentiis
- 1 pint vanilla gelato or ice cream
- 8 chocolate hazelnut candies (such as baci, roughly chopped)
- 12 slices of dried fruit and nut bread (such as raisin walnut)
- 1/2 cup chocolate hazelnut spread
- Originally seen on Giada In Italy, Season 3. Episode: Sweet Masters.
- Place the ice cream in a bowl and allow to soften slightly at room temperature. Using a rubber spatula, fold in the chopped candies, cover and place in the freezer to firm up.
- Preheat a grill over medium high heat.
- Grill the bread for about 2 minutes per side or until golden brown and slightly charred. Spread each slice with some of the hazelnut spread. Scoop 1/3 cup of the ice cream mix onto 6 of the slices of bread. Top with the remaining slices. Enjoy immediately or store sandwiches in the freezer for up to 5 hours before serving.
- Nutrition Serving Size
- per serving
Amount/Serving % Daily Value
- 72 grams
- 15 grams
- 7 grams
- Saturated Fat
- 3 grams
- 3 milligrams
- 697 milligrams
- 6 grams
- 13 grams