Giada De Laurentiis
- Butter for greasing the loaf pan
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour (plus extra for dusting the loaf pan)
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon fine salt
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 2 large eggs (beaten)
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2 ripe bananas (peeled and coarsely mashed to yield about 3/4 cup of mashed banana)
- 1 cup about 4 ounces fresh blueberries
- Place an oven rack in the center of the oven. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. Butter and flour a 9-by-5-by-3-inch loaf pan. Set aside.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together the flour, baking soda, salt, baking powder, cinnamon, and nutmeg. In a large bowl, beat the sugar, oil, eggs, and vanilla until blended. Stir in the bananas and blueberries. Add the dry ingredients and stir just until blended.
- Pour the batter into the prepared loaf pan. Bake for until a cake tester inserted in the center of the loaf comes out clean, about 1 hour. Cool for 15 minutes. Remove the loaf from the pan and cool completely on a wire rack, about 2 hours.