Giada De Laurentiis
- 1 cup plain whole-milk yogurt
- 4 scallions (coarsely chopped)
- 1 1/2 cups packed cilantro leaves
- 1/2 cup packed mint leaves
- 3/4 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/4 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 11/2 teaspoons kosher salt
- One 3- to 4-pound chicken (cut in 8 pieces)
- 3 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil (divided use)
- To a blender add the yogurt, scallions, cilantro, mint, cumin, red pepper flakes, and 1 teaspoon of the kosher salt, and blend on high for about 30 seconds or until completely smooth. Place the chicken pieces in a resealable plastic bag and pour the marinade over the chicken. Seal the bag and marinate in the refrigerator for at least 4 hours or up to 12 hours.
- 20 minutes before cooking, remove the chicken from the refrigerator. Preheat the oven to 400°F.
- Drizzle a rimmed baking sheet with 1 1/2 tablespoons of the olive oil. Remove the chicken from the marinade and arrange it on the baking sheet so the pieces are not touching one another. Drizzle the pieces with the remaining 1 1/2 tablespoons of oil and season with the remaining 1/2 teaspoon salt.
- Bake for 45 minutes or until an instant-read thermometer inserted in the thickest part of the chicken reads 160°F. Allow the chicken to rest for 10 minutes before serving.
- Nutrition Serving Size
- per serving
Amount/Serving % Daily Value
- 5 grams
- 53 grams
- 53 grams
- Saturated Fat
- 14 grams
- 210 milligrams
- 1163 milligrams
- 1 grams
- 3 grams