You must be signed in to print this content
Vegan Mushroom Risotto
Giada De Laurentiis
- 5 3/4 cups vegetable broth
- ½ ounce dried porcini mushrooms
- ¼ cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 cups finely chopped onions
- 10 ounces white mushrooms (finely chopped)
- 2 garlic cloves (minced)
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- ¼ teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1 ½ cups Arborio rice or medium-grain white rice
- 2/3 cup dry white wine
- ½ cup frozen peas (thawed)
- In a heavy medium saucepan, bring the broth to a simmer. Add the porcini mushrooms. Cover and set aside until the mushrooms are tender, about 5 minutes. Using a slotted spoon, transfer the mushrooms to a plate and finely chop them. Cover the broth and keep warm over very low heat.
- In a heavy large saucepan, heat the olive oil over medium heat. Add the onions and sauté until tender, about 8 minutes. Add the white mushrooms, porcini mushrooms, and garlic, sauté until the mushrooms are tender and the juices evaporate, about 10 minutes.
- Stir in the salt, pepper, and rice and cook for an additional minute. Add the wine, cook until the liquid is absorbed, stirring often, about 2 minutes. Add 1 cup of hot broth, simmer over medium-low heat until the liquid is absorbed, stirring often, about 3 minutes.
- Continue to cook until the rice is just tender and the mixture is
- creamy, adding more broth by cupfuls and stirring often, about 28 minutes. Just before serving, stir in the peas.
- Nutrition Serving Size
- per serving
Amount/Serving % Daily Value
- 50 grams
- 6 grams
- 10 grams
- Saturated Fat
- 1 grams
- 367 milligrams
- 2 grams
- 4 grams