Strawberry, Almond and Banana Smoothie
Giada De Laurentiis
- 1 cup frozen strawberries
- 2 tablespoons unsweetened raw almond butter
- 1 ripe (medium banana, peeled)
- 1 tablespoon soaked chia seeds*
- 1/2 cup unsweetened coconut water (chilled)
- 1/2 cup ice
- Pinch of kosher salt
- To the pitcher of a blender add the strawberries, almond butter, banana, vanilla, chia seeds, coconut water, ice and salt. Blend on high for 1 minute or until smooth.
- *cooks note: To soak the chia seed, add 1/2 cup water to 1/4 cup chia seed and allow to sit and adsorb for 20 minutes. The mixture can be stored in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to a week.