You must be signed in to print this content
Savory Butternut Squash Crostata
Giada De Laurentiis
- One 1 1/4-pound butternut squash (sliced 1/3-inch thick)
- 1 red onion (sliced 1/4-inch thick)
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- Kosher salt
- One 9-inch refrigerated pie crust (chilled)
- Half 5.2-ounce container herbed cheese (such as Boursin)
- 1 tablespoon chopped pistachios
- 1/2 cup baby arugula
- 1 tablespoon pomegranate seeds
- This recipe originally appeared on Giada's Holiday Handbook. Episode: Chicken and Pie Party.
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees F.
- Scatter the squash and onions on a rimmed baking sheet, drizzle with the olive oil and season with 1/2 teaspoon salt. Toss well to coat evenly.
- Roast until the squash is tender all the way through and the onions are soft and turning golden brown, 28 to 30 minutes. Let cool slightly.
- Unroll the pie crust onto a nonstick baking sheet. Crumble half of the cheese over the crust, leaving a 2-inch border. Top with the roasted onions and then shingle with the squash in circles. Fold the crust borders up and over the filling, crimping every 2 inches or so. Sprinkle the exposed squash with the pistachios and the remaining cheese.
- Bake until the crust is golden brown and the cheese is melted, about 30 minutes. Let cool for 5 minutes, then sprinkle with the arugula and pomegranate seeds.
- Slice and serve warm or at room temperature.
- Nutrition Serving Size
- per serving
Amount/Serving % Daily Value
- 32 grams
- 5 grams
- 19 grams
- Saturated Fat
- 7 grams
- 12 milligrams
- 404 milligrams
- 3 grams
- 3 grams