Giada De Laurentiis
- 1/2 cup breadcrumbs
- 1/4 cup freshly grated parmesan cheese
- 1 teaspoon lemon zest
- 2 tablespoons chopped Italian parsley
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt plus 1 teaspoon
- 1/2 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 1/4 cup olive oil. divided
- 2 1 1/2 pound pork tenderloins, butterflied and lightly pounded
- 6 slices provolone cheese
- 1/2 cup dry white wine
- 1 25 ounce jar marinara sauce
- In a small bowl, mix together the breadcrumbs, parmesan, lemon zest, parsley, 1/2 teaspoon salt, pepper flakes and 2 tablespoons olive oil. Lay the tenderloins open and flat on a board in front of you. Season each loin evenly all over with 1/2 teaspoon salt. Lay 3 slices of provolone on each loin. Divide the breadcrumb mixture over the provolone. Roll the loins back up into the original shape and tie in 4 spots with butchers twine.
- Preheat a medium straight sided skillet over medium high heat. Add 2 tablespoons of olive oil to the pan. Sear the pork tenderloins for 3 minutes per side or until evenly golden brown all the way around. Remove to a plate to rest. Deglaze the pan with the white wine and add the marinara sauce. Nestle the pork back in the sauce. Cover the pan and simmer for 20 minutes or until the pork is just cooked through, about 145 degrees on an instant read thermometer. Remove from the heat and allow to rest uncovered for 10 minutes before slicing and serving with the sauce.