You must be signed in to print this content
Mango-Rum Iced Tea
Giada De Laurentiis
- 7 cups water
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 7 mango black tea bags (such as Republic of Tea)
- 11/4 cups dark rum
- 1 medium fresh ripe mango (peeled, pitted, and finely chopped)
- 1 lime (thinly sliced)
- 1/2 orange (thinly sliced Ice cubes)
- In a medium saucepan, bring the water and sugar to a boil. Add the tea bags, remove the pan from the heat, and let steep for 5 minutes. Discard the bags and let the tea cool to room temperature.
- Transfer the cooled tea to a pitcher, add the rum, mango, and the lime and orange slices. Cover and refrigerate until the tea is cold and the flavors have melded, at least 2 hours and up to 24 hours.
- To serve, pour the tea into tall glasses filled with ice cubes and garnish with fruit from the pitcher.
- Passion Fruit Papaya-Rum Iced Tea: Replace the mango tea bags with passion fruit‚ papaya tea bags. Replace the mango with chopped fresh papaya.
- Peach-Ginger Iced Black Tea with Bourbon: Replace the mango tea bags with peach-ginger black tea bags and replace the dark rum with bourbon or whiskey. Replace the mango with chopped fresh or frozen peaches.
- Cranberry Blood Orange Iced Tea with Vodka: Replace the mango tea bags with cranberry blood orange tea bags and replace the dark rum with vodka. Replace the mango with blood or regular oranges.
- *Calories Per Serving: 108
- Nutrition Serving Size
- per serving
Amount/Serving % Daily Value
- 10 grams
- 10 milligrams
- 1 grams
- 8 grams