Lemon Speckled Green Bean Salad
Giada De Laurentiis
- Kosher salt
- 1 1/2 pounds green beans (trimmed and cut into 1 1/2-inch pieces)
- 1/4 cup red quinoa
- 2 tablespoons raw pepitas
- 2 tablespoons raw sesame seeds
- 2 tablespoons raw sunflower seeds
2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 1 tablespoon creme fraiche
1 tablespoon honey
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 1 teaspoon lemon zest (plus 1 tablespoon juice)
- Bring a large pot of water to a boil, salt generously. Set up a large bowl of ice water nearby. Blanch the green beans until bright green, 1 to 2 minutes. Immediately, transfer the beans to the ice bath. Set aside.
- Heat a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add the quinoa in a single layer and toast until beginning to brown and pop, 2 to 4 minutes. Add the pepitas, sesame seeds and sunflower seeds, toast for another 2 to 3 minutes. Remove from the heat and set aside. (The seeds can be toasted up to a week in advance.)
- In a medium bowl, mix together the olive oil, balsamic vinegar, creme fraiche, honey, Dijon mustard, lemon zest and juice, and 1 teaspoon salt.
- Drain the beans well and add them to the dressing. Toss with seed mixture and serve.