You must be signed in to print this content
Grilled Tomatoes with Olives and Mozzarella
Giada De Laurentiis
- 1 cup pitted marinated olives (roughly chopped)
- ¼ cup packed basil (chopped)
- ¼ cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 3 large tomatoes (sliced 1/3 inch thick)
- 1 pound fresh mozzarella cheese (sliced 1/3 inch thick)
- ½ teaspoon kosher salt
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- In a small bowl, mix together the olives, basil, and olive oil. Set aside.
- Preheat a grill pan over medium-high heat. Lay out the tomato and cheese slices and season on all sides with the salt and olive oil. Place the tomato slices on the preheated grill and grill for about 2 minutes per side or until the edges are beginning to brown.
- Transfer the tomatoes from the grill to a platter and while still hot, shingle with the mozzarella cheese slices to warm and soften the cheese. Spoon the olive mixture over the top and serve.
- per serving
Amount/Serving % Daily Value
- 5 grams
- 18 grams
- 34 grams
- Saturated Fat
- 12 grams
- 60 milligrams
- 1021 milligrams
- 1 grams
- 3 grams