You must be signed in to print this content
Green Chicken Finger Sandwiches
- 1 1/2 cups panko breadcrumbs
- 2 teaspoons matcha powder
- 1/2 cup flour
- 1 teaspoon salt (divided)
- 2 eggs (beaten)
- 1 pound chicken tenders (about 12 tenders)
- 1/4 cup sliced raw almonds
- 12 to p sliced hot dog buns
- ketchup as ¬ëblood'
- As seen on: Giada's Holiday Handbook, Season 2, Episode 1. Halloween Open House.
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F. Line a straight sided baking sheet with parchment paper.
- In a pie plate or shallow bowl, mix together the panko and match powder. In a separate bowl, mix the flour and 1/2 teaspoon salt. Put the beaten eggs in a third shallow bowl.
- Working with one tender at a time, dredge the chicken in the seasoned flour, then the egg followed by the matcha panko. Place the tenders on the prepared baking sheet. Brush an almond slice with a little egg wash and place it on the tip of the ¬ìfinger. Repeat with the remaining tenders.
- Bake the chicken fingers for about 12 to 15 minutes or until lightly golden and cooked through. Sprinkle with the remaining salt. Place 1 tender in each bun and squirt the ketchup over the fingers.