You must be signed in to print this content
Giada's Vegetable Casserole
Main Course Side Dish
Giada De Laurentiis
- 1 medium potato (peeled and cut into 1/2-inch pieces)
- 1 mediumsweet potato (peeled and cut into 1/2-inch pieces)
- 1 red bell pepper (seeded and cut into 1/2-inch pieces)
- 2 carrots (peeled and cut into 1/2-inch pieces)
4 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 red onion (thinly sliced into rings)
- 2 small or 1 large zucchini (cut crosswise into 1/4-inch-thick pieces)
- Salt and pepper
- 2 large ripe tomatoes (cut crosswise into 1/4-inch thick slices)
1/2 cup grated Parmesan
- 2 tablespoons dried Italian-style bread crumbs
- Fresh basil sprigs (for garnish)
- Preheat the oven to 450 degrees F.
- Toss the potato, sweet potato, bell pepper, carrots, and 2 tablespoons of olive oil in a 13 by 9 by 2-inch baking dish to coat. Sprinkle with salt and pepper and toss until coated. Spread vegetables evenly over the bottom of the pan.
- Arrange the onion slices evenly over the vegetable mixture. Arrange the zucchini over the onion. Drizzle with 2 tablespoons of oil. Sprinkle with salt and pepper. Arrange the tomato slices over the zucchini.
- Stir the Parmesan and bread crumbs in a small bowl to blend. Sprinkle the Parmesan bread crumbs over the vegetables in the baking dish. Drizzle with the last tablespoon of olive oil.
- Bake uncovered until the vegetables are tender, and the topping is golden brown, about 40 minutes to an hour. Garnish with fresh basil sprigs, if desired.
- Nutrition Serving Size
- per serving
Amount/Serving % Daily Value
- 25 grams
- 7 grams
- 12 grams
- Saturated Fat
- 3 grams
- 7 milligrams
- 197 milligrams
- 4 grams
- 7 grams