You must be signed in to print this content
Chocolate Chip Popcorn Cookies
The Giadzy Kitchen
- 3 cups bread flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 cup unsalted butter, chilled and cubed
- 1 cup light brown sugar
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 2 eggs chilled
- 2 teaspoons pure vanilla extract
- ¾ cup white chocolate chips, (plus extra for topping the cookies, optional)
- 1/2 dark chocolate chips or chunks, (plus extra for topping the cookies, optional)
- 2 cups popcorn, such as
- In a large bowl, whisk together the flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt. Set aside.
- In the bowl of a stand mixer fitted with the paddle attachment, beat the cold butter on medium speed, about 1 minute. Add the brown sugar and granulated sugar and mix until incorporated. Add the eggs and vanilla. Mix on medium-low speed until the mixture looks separated. Turn off the machine and add the dry ingredients. Mix on low speed just until the dough comes together. Turn off the machine and fold in the chocolate chips and popcorn by hand using a rubber spatula.
- Drop the dough onto a parchment-lined sheet tray in 1/4-cup mounds. If desired, top each mound of dough with extra chocolate chips and pieces of popcorn. Place the tray in the freezer and freeze for 20 minutes. (You can also freeze the cookie dough mounds on a plate for this step)
- Meanwhile, preheat the oven to 375 degrees F.
- Bake the cookies straight from the freezer until still slightly under-baked in the middle but golden brown around the edges and beginning to brown on top, about 15-18 minutes.
- Cool the cookies on the tray for 5 minutes before cooling completely on a wire rack.
- Nutrition Serving Size
- per serving
Amount/Serving % Daily Value
- 52 grams
- 5 grams
- 17 grams
- Saturated Fat
- 10 grams
- 56 milligrams
- 176 milligrams
- 1 grams
- 33 grams