Cali-talian 7 Layer Dip
Giada De Laurentiis
- 1/2 cup ricotta cheese
- 1/4 cup sour cream
- 1/2 teaspoon Calabrian chile paste
1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 1/2 teaspoons kosher salt
- One 15-ounce can cannellini beans (drained and rinsed)
- 1/4 cup prepared pesto
- 3 tablespoons freshly squeezed lemon juice (from about 1 lemon)
- 1 cup shredded Parmesan
- 1 1/2 cups chopped arugula or romaine
- 1/2 cup chopped sun-dried tomatoes in oil (drained)
- 1/2 cup pitted kalamata olives (sliced)
- 1 avocado (diced)
- Pita chips and celery sticks (for serving)
- This recipe originally appeared on Giada Entertains: Big Hair Rocker Party
- Combine the ricotta, sour cream, chile paste, oregano and 1/2 teaspoon of the salt in the bowl of a food processor. Puree until smooth. Remove to a medium bowl. In the same food processor, combine the beans, pesto, 2 tablespoons of the lemon juice and 3/4 teaspoons of the salt. Puree until smooth. Spread the bean mixture on the bottom of an 8-inch baking dish. Pour the ricotta mixture on top and spread evenly.
- Sprinkle the Parmesan over the ricotta. Sprinkle the arugula over the cheese layer. Sprinkle the sun-dried tomatoes and olives over the top. Refrigerate until ready to serve.
- Just before serving, toss the avocado with the remaining 1/4 teaspoon salt and the remaining 1 tablespoon lemon juice and spread evenly on the top. Serve with pita chips and celery sticks.