You must be signed in to print this content
Giada De Laurentiis
- One 15.25-ounce box yellow cake mix
- 3 large eggs
- 1 cup water
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 1 tablespoon sweet marsala wine
- Two 6-ounce containers mascarpone cheese
- One 8-ounce block cream cheese (at room temperature)
- 1 1/2 tablespoons instant espresso powder
- 1/2 cup powdered sugar
- Pinch kosher salt
- Unsweetened cocoa powder (for dusting)
For The Cupcakes:
For The Frosting:
- This recipe originally appeared on Giada Entertains: Big Hair Rocker Party.
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees F. Line 18 muffin cups with cupcake liners.
For the cupcakes:
- Combine the cake mix, eggs, water, oil and marsala in a large bowl. Using a hand held mixer, beat on medium speed until combined, about 2 minutes. Fill each muffin cup 3/4 of the way to the top (about 3 tablespoons). Bake until golden brown and a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean, 15 to 20 minutes. Remove to a wire rack to cool.
For the frosting:
- While the cupcakes are cooling, combine the mascarpone, cream cheese, espresso powder, sugar and salt in a medium bowl. Using a handheld mixer, beat on medium speed until light and fluffy, about 1 minute. Divide the frosting evenly on the cupcakes and spread over the tops. Dust with cocoa powder and serve. Store in the refrigerator.
- Nutrition Serving Size
- per serving
Amount/Serving % Daily Value
- 25 grams
- 4 grams
- 19 grams
- Saturated Fat
- 7 grams
- 63 milligrams
- 286 milligrams
- 15 grams