Caesar's Pasta Salad Recipe
Giada De Laurentiis
- 3 cups 1/3-inch-diced day-old bread
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/2 cup freshly grated Parmesan
- 1/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 cup freshly grated Parmesan
- 1/2 cup reduced-fat buttermilk
- 1/4 cup reduced-fat Greek yogurt
- 1/4 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 2 cloves garlic (smashed and peeled)
- 2 hearts of romaine lettuce (cut into 1/3-inch pieces)
- 2 ears of corn (kernels removed)
8 ounces pasta, such as Tricolored Fusilli, Fusilli Corti or Eliche Grandi (cooked and cooled)
For The Croutons:
For The Dressing:
For The Salad:
- This recipe originally appeared on Giada on the Beach. Episode: Pool Party!
- For the croutons: Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F.
- On a small rimmed baking sheet, toss the cubed bread with the olive oil, Parmesan and salt. Bake until golden brown and crispy, about 15 minutes.
- For the dressing: Meanwhile, in a large bowl, whisk together the Parmesan, buttermilk, yogurt, olive oil, salt, pepper and garlic. Set aside to let the flavors marry for 5 minutes.
- For the salad: Remove the cloves of garlic from the dressing and discard. To the bowl of dressing, add the lettuce, corn, pasta and croutons. Toss well to coat.
- per serving
Amount/Serving % Daily Value
- 81 grams
- 28 grams
- 26 grams
- Saturated Fat
- 7 grams
- 18 milligrams
- 1881 milligrams
- 7 grams
- 13 grams