Twice Baked Potatoes
Twice Baked Potatoes
Giada De Laurentiis
- 1 1/2 pounds medium Yukon gold potatoes (12 to 14 potatoes)
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil (plus more for drizzling)
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 6 ounces bacon (chopped fine)
- 1/3 cup panko breadcrumbs
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh chives
- 1/4 cup freshly grated Parmesan (plus 2 tablespoons)
- 1/4 cup sour cream (at room temperature)
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter (melted)
- 1 tablespoon heavy cream (at room temperature)
- As seen on: Giada At Home, Football's Top Four.
- Place the potatoes on a rimmed baking sheet and toss with the olive oil and sprinkle with 3/4 teaspoon salt. Bake until a knife inserted into the potatoes goes in with little to no resistance, about 1 hour. Allow to cool slightly.
- In a medium skillet, cook the bacon over medium-low heat until the fat is rendered and the bacon is crispy, about 10 minutes. Drain well and place half of the bacon into a bowl. Add the panko, 2 tablespoons chives and 2 tablespoons Parmesan. Mix to combine and set aside.
- In another bowl, combine the sour cream, butter, heavy cream, the remaining bacon, 1/4 cup Parmesan, 2 tablespoons chives and 1/4 teaspoon salt. Set aside.
- When the potatoes are cool enough to handle but still warm, cut off the top third of each potato. Remove the skin from the tops. Using a 1 teaspoon measure or a melon baller, scoop out some of the insides of the cooked potatoes, leaving 1/4-inch borders around the edges. This creates little boats. Place the scooped insides and the peeled tops of the potatoes in a medium bowl and mash using a potato masher or the back of a fork. Add the reserved bacon and sour cream mixture. Using a rubber spatula, mix together the filling until well combine. Spoon the filling back into the potato boats until slightly overfilled and mounded on top. Top with a sprinkling of the panko mixture and a drizzle of olive oil. Bake until the filling is heated through and the topping is golden brown, 10 to 12 minutes. Serve warm or at room temperature.
- Nutrition Serving Size
- per serving
Amount/Serving % Daily Value
- 35 grams
- 13 grams
- 36 grams
- Saturated Fat
- 14 grams
- 62 milligrams
- 609 milligrams
- 4 grams
- 3 grams
Please add oven temperatures!