Spicy Sausage and Broccolini Panini
Giada De Laurentiis
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 4 ounces spicy Italian sausage (loose)
- 1 bunch broccolini (trimmed and chopped)
- 1/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- 2 cups shredded aged provolone
- 8 slices white bread
- This recipe originally appeared on Giada on the Beach. Episode: Sunset Aperitivo.
- Place a medium skillet over medium-high heat. Add 1 tablespoon of olive oil and the sausage to the skillet and cook, stirring often and breaking the sausage apart with the back of a wooden spoon, until the sausage is cooked and beginning to brown, about 4 minutes. Add the broccolini and salt and continue to cook until the broccolini is tender, an additional 6 minutes. Allow the mixture to cool.
- In a medium bowl, mix together the sausage mixture and provolone until combined. Place 4 slices of bread on a cutting board and divide the mixture evenly among the slices. Top with the remaining slices of bread.
- Heat a large skillet or griddle over medium heat. Brush with 1 1/2 tablespoons of the remaining oil and place 2 sandwiches in the skillet. Cook until lightly browned and crispy on the bottom, about 3 minutes. Flip the sandwiches and cook until crispy on the bottom and the cheese is melted, an additional 3 minutes. Continue with the remaining oil and sandwiches. Cut into squares or triangles and serve.
- Nutrition Serving Size
- per serving
Amount/Serving % Daily Value
- 16 grams
- 13 grams
- 17 grams
- Saturated Fat
- 7 grams
- 27 milligrams
- 452 milligrams
- 3 grams
- 3 grams