You must be signed in to print this content
Smokey Eggplant Dip
Giada De Laurentiis
- 2 large globe eggplants
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh Italian parsley
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh mint
- 1 teaspoon chopped fresh oregano
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 6 dried pequin chiles (crushed)
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/4 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- Flatbread or crackers (for serving)
- This recipe originally appeared on Giada Entertains. Episode: Giada's 2nd Annual Film Festival Party.
- Preheat the oven to 425 degrees F.
- Pierce each eggplant with the tip of a knife in about 10 spots. Place on a rimmed baking sheet and roast until very soft and cracking in a few spots, about 50 minutes. Let cool slightly.
- Cut each eggplant open lengthwise and scrape out the flesh with a large spoon, discard the skin. Place the flesh in the bowl of a food processor and pulse to coarsely chop. Add the parsley, mint, oregano, lemon juice, chiles, salt and olive oil. Puree for 20 seconds to combine. Allow to cool slightly before serving with crackers.