You must be signed in to print this content
Sausage and Broccoli Pizza
Giada De Laurentiis
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 pound spicy Italian sausage
- 1 bunch broccoli (cut into bite sized florets, about 3 cups)
- 3 tablespoons flour
- 1 16 ounce ball pizza dough
- 1 cup pizza sauce*
- 3/4 pound fresh mozzarella (sliced into 1/4 inch slices)
- 1 cup parmesan cheese
- As seen on: Giada in Italy, Episode 6. Napoli Pizza Party.
- Preheat the oven to 500 degrees F. Place one rack in the top third of the oven and remove the other racks.
- Heat a large skillet over high heat. Add 2 tablespoons olive oil and the sausage and cook, breaking apart the sausage with a wooden spoon to form bite sized pieces, until the sausage is golden brown and cooked, about 10 minutes. Add the broccoli to the pan and stir and to coat the broccoli in the flavors of the sausage. Remove from the heat and allow to cool to room temperature.
- Flip a rimmed baking sheet upside down and sprinkle lightly with flour. Stretch out the pizza dough to ¼ inch thick leaving it slightly thicker around the edges. Spread 1 cup of the sauce over the dough and top with the slices of mozzarella. Spread the sausage and broccoli topping evenly over the crust and top with the parmesan cheese. Bake directly on the bottom of the oven for 5 minutes then switch to the top rack for an additional 5 minutes or until golden brown.
- Nutrition Serving Size
- per serving
Amount/Serving % Daily Value
- 17 grams
- 38 grams
- 46 grams
- Saturated Fat
- 10 grams
- 110 milligrams
- 756 milligrams
- 3 grams
- 5 grams