Roasted Squash with Cherries and Pistachio
Giada De Laurentiis
- 3 tablespoons white balsamic vinegar
- 3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 2 pounds of acorn squash (cut in half, seeds removed and cut into wedges)
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 2 sprigs of rosemary
- 2 cloves of garlic (unpeeled and smashed)
- 1/4 cup dried tart cherries
- 1/2 cup roasted pistachios
- 2 cups baby arugula
- 2 ounces gorgonzola dolce
For the dressing:
For the squash:
- As seen on: Giada in Italy, Episode 11. Sunday Supper.
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together the vinegar, olive oil and the salt. Set aside.
- Place the squash wedges on a rimed baking sheet. Drizzle with the olive oil and 1 teaspoon salt. Add the rosemary sprigs and garlic. Cover the tray tightly with a sheet of aluminum foil. Place the tray in the oven and bake for about 35 to 40 minutes or until the tip of a knife goes into the squash easily. Remove the tray from the oven drizzle 3/4 of the vinaigrette over the squash and allow it to cool and absorb the dressing for about 10 minutes.
- To the bowl with the remaining dressing, add the cherries, pistachios and arugula. Toss gently to coat. Place the marinated squash wedges on a platter and top with the dressed greens. Sprinkle with crumbled gorgonzola and serve.
- per serving
Amount/Serving % Daily Value
- 147 grams
- 36 grams
- 115 grams
- Saturated Fat
- 24 grams
- 43 milligrams
- 4336 milligrams
- 24 grams
- 29 grams