Ricotta Pound Cake With Strawberries
Giada De Laurentiis
- 1 1/2 cups cake flour
- 2 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 3/4 cup 1 1/2 sticks butter, room temperature, plus more to grease the baking pan
- 1 1/2 cups whole milk ricotta cheese
- 1 1/2 cups sugar (plus 1 tablespoon)
- 3 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 orange (zested)
- 2 tablespoons Amaretto
- Powdered sugar (for dusting)
- 1 pint strawberries (hulled and quartered or 3 oranges, cut into supremes)
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. Grease a 9 by 5 by 3-inch loaf pan with butter. In a medium bowl combine the flour, baking powder, and salt. Stir to combine.
- Using an electric mixer, cream together the butter, ricotta, and sugar until light and fluffy, about 3 minutes. With the machine running, add the eggs 1 at a time. Add the vanilla, orange zest, and Amaretto until combined. Add the dry ingredients, a small amount at a time, until just incorporated. Pour the mixture into the prepared pan and bake until a toothpick comes out clean and the cake is beginning to pull away from the sides of the pan, about 45 to 50 minutes. Let the cake cool in the pan for 10 minutes then transfer to a wire rack to cool completely. Using a mesh sieve, dust the cooled cake with powdered sugar.
- Meanwhile, place the strawberries (or orange supremes) in a small bowl with the remaining 1 tablespoon sugar. Let sit until the juices have pooled around the strawberries.
- To serve, slice the cake and serve with a spoonful of strawberries and their juices over the top of the cake.
- per serving
Amount/Serving % Daily Value
- 66 grams
- 11 grams
- 26 grams
- Saturated Fat
- 15 grams
- 131 milligrams
- 500 milligrams
- 2 grams
- 45 grams