Pan-Roasted Salmon with Herb Gnocchetti and Olive Vinaigrette
Giada De Laurentiis
- 1 cup mixed pitted olives
- Juice and zest of 1 orange
- 1 teaspoon sherry vinegar
- 1/2 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 1/2 cup chopped parsley
- 3 large eggs
- 11/2 teaspoons chopped rosemary (from 1 sprig)
- 1 teaspoon lemon zest (from 1 lemon)
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 3 tablespoons milk
- 1 cup flour
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 2 shallots (sliced into thin rings)
- 8 ounces cremini mushrooms (sliced)
- 1/4 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan
- 1/4 cup chopped mint (from about 4 sprigs)
- 1 teaspoon lemon zest (from 1 large lemon)
- 4 4- ounce center-cut salmon fillets
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
For the Olive Vinaigrette:
For the Gnochetti:
- For the olive vinaigrette: In a food processor, pulse the olives until coarsely chopped. Add the orange zest and juice and the sherry vinegar. Pulse again until finely chopped. Remove to a bowl and stir in the olive oil and parsley. Set aside to allow the flavors to marry.
- 2 For the gnochetti: In a medium bowl, whisk together the eggs, rosemary, zest, salt and milk until well combined. Whisk in the flour until just incorporated and the consistency of thick batter. Do not overmix.
- Bring a pot of salted water to a boil over medium high heat. Place half of the dough in a handheld potato ricer. Gently press some dough out of the ricer into the boiling water, using a knife to cut the dumplings every 1/2 inch or so. When the dumplings float, they are fully cooked. Remove them from the water with a slotted spoon and spread them on a tray to cool. Continue until all of the dough is used.
- In a large sauté pan, heat 1/4 cup of olive oil over medium-high heat. Add the shallots and mushrooms and cook, stirring occasionally, until the mushrooms are golden brown. Add a tablespoon of olive oil along with the gnochetti and cook an additional 4 minutes. Add the red pepper flakes, Parmesan, 2 tablespoons water, mint and lemon zest and stir to combine. Keep warm while you cook the fish.
- In a large sauté pan, heat the remaining 2 tablespoons of oil over medium high heat. Season the salmon with the salt and pepper and place the fillets flesh side down in the pan. Cook for 3 to 4 minutes without moving them, or until the fillets are golden brown and release easily from the pan. Gently flip the fillets and cook for 3 to 4 minutes longer for medium.
- To serve, spoon some of the gnochetti mixture onto the center of each plate. Top with a salmon fillet and a spoonful of olive vinaigrette.
- Nutrition Serving Size
- per serving
Amount/Serving % Daily Value
- 11 grams
- 12 grams
- 23 grams
- Saturated Fat
- 5 grams
- 62 milligrams
- 289 milligrams
- 1 grams
- 2 grams