Oat and Honey Pancakes
Giada De Laurentiis
- 1/2 cup old-fashioned rolled oats (not instant)
- 3/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- 3/4 cup buttermilk
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1 egg (at room temperature)
- 1 egg white (at room temperature)
2 tablespoons honey
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- Unsalted butter (for the pan)
- Raspberry jam (optional)
- Pure maple syrup (optional)
- In a medium bowl whisk together the oats, flour, baking powder, baking soda, and salt. In a separate medium bowl whisk together the buttermilk, vanilla, egg, egg white, honey, and oil. Add the wet ingredients to the dry ingredients and whisk just until combined. Do not overmix. Let the batter sit for 3 minutes.
- Heat a griddle or large, nonstick skillet over medium heat. When the pan is hot, brush with a small amount of butter. Ladle the batter onto the pan using ¼ cup for each pancake.
- Cook the pancakes on the first side for about 2 minutes or until bubbles begin to form on the surface and the edges begin to look dry. Flip the pancakes and cook 1 minute longer. Repeat with the remaining batter. Serve with raspberry jam and maple syrup, if desired.