You must be signed in to print this content
Mushroom and Grape Crostini
Giada De Laurentiis
- 1/2 loaf baguette (cut into 24 - 1/4 inch slices)
- 1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup mascarpone cheese (chilled)
- 1 tablespoon chopped chives
- 1/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/2 pound assorted mushrooms (torn and cut into bite sized pieces)
- 1 cup red grapes (halved)
- 2 shallots (sliced into rounds)
- 5 sprigs thyme leaves
- 3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon sherry vinegar
- 24 shavings of parmesan cheese
For the crostini:
For the spread:
For the topping:
- As seen on: Giada Entertains, Episode 7. Tuscan BBQ.
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F.
- Lay the slices of baguette out on a straight sided baking sheet. Brush each slice of baguette with a generous amount of olive oi. Sprinkle evenly with salt and bake for 8 minutes or until golden brown and crispy. Remove the crostini from the tray and set aside to cool.
- While the crostini bake, combine the mascarpone, chives and salt in a small bowl. Set aside.
- Increase the oven temperature to 500 degrees F.
- On the same baking sheet, combine the mushrooms, red grapes, shallots, thyme, olive oil and salt. Toss well to coat and combine. Roast for approximately 8 to 10 minutes or until the mushrooms are beginning to brown and the grapes have released some of their juices. Scrape the contents of the tray into a medium bowl and toss with the sherry vinegar. Cool to room temperature.
- To serve, spread each crostini with equal amounts of the mascarpone. Spoon a small amount of the mushroom mixture on top of each crostini. Top each with one shaving of parmesan cheese.
- Nutrition Serving Size
- per serving
Amount/Serving % Daily Value
- 7 grams
- 12 grams
- 13 grams
- Saturated Fat
- 6 grams
- 24 milligrams
- 388 milligrams
- 1 grams
- 2 grams