You must be signed in to print this content
Grilled Melon and Prosciutto Pasta Salad
Giada De Laurentiis
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 1/4 cup champagne vinegar
1/2 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh basil
- 2 tablespoons chopped Italian parsley
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh tarragon
1/2 cup freshly grated Parmesan
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 4 ounces sliced prosciutto (cut into thin strips)
- 1/2 cantaloupe (rind removed, cut into wedges)
1 pound pasta, cooked and cooled, such as Nodi Marini
- 1 cup pitted Castelvetrano olives (halved)
For The Dressing:
For The Salad:
- This recipe originally appeared on Giada on the Beach. Episode: Summer Sunday Supper.
- For the dressing: In a large bowl, whisk together the mustard, vinegar, extra-virgin olive oil and salt until emulsified. Add the basil, parsley, tarragon and Parmesan and stir to combine.
- For the salad: Heat a medium skillet over medium heat. Add the olive oil and prosciutto and cook, stirring often with a wooden spoon, until the prosciutto is brown and crispy, about 6 minutes. Using a slotted spoon, remove the prosciutto to a paper towel-lined plate. Let cool.
- Heat a grill pan over high heat. Place the melon wedges in the pan and grill until nice grill marks appear and the melon is slightly caramelized, about 1 minute per side. Remove to a cutting board and chop into bite-size pieces.
- Add the grilled melon, pasta and olives to the bowl with the dressing and toss well to coat. Sprinkle with the crispy prosciutto.
- Nutrition Serving Size
- per serving
Amount/Serving % Daily Value
- 47 grams
- 15 grams
- 23 grams
- Saturated Fat
- 5 grams
- 16 milligrams
- 648 milligrams
- 3 grams
- 4 grams