Lemon Ricotta Pancakes
Giada De Laurentiis
- 2/3 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/3 cup polenta
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 cup buttermilk
- 1/2 cup part-skim ricotta cheese (such as Calabro)
- 2 teaspoons grated lemon zest (2 lemons)
- 2 eggs
- Grapeseed oil
- Maple syrup (warmed, for serving)
- This recipe originally appeared on Giada on the Beach. Episode: Summer Brunch.
- In a large bowl, whisk together the flour, polenta, baking powder and salt. In a large measuring cup, whisk together the buttermilk, ricotta, lemon zest and eggs. Pour the liquid ingredients over the dry ingredients and fold together, using a rubber spatula, until just combined. Let sit for 15 minutes to allow the polenta to soften.
- Preheat a rimmed griddle to medium-low heat. Add oil to coat the griddle.
- With a 1/4-cup measure, scoop batter onto the griddle. Cook for 2 to 3 minutes per side, until golden brown and cooked through. Remove the pancakes to a plate and continue with the remaining batter. Serve warm with lots of warm maple syrup.