Chocolate Stout Cake With Bourbon Whipped Cream
Giada De Laurentiis
- 1 stick (1/2cup unsalted butter, plus extra for the pan)
1 cup stout (such as Guinness)
- 3/4 cup unsweetened cocoa powder (such as Valrhona)
- 1 2/3 cups sugar
- 1 cup 5% low fat Greek yogurt (such as Fage)
- 2 eggs (at room temperature)
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 1/2 cups almond flour (sifted)
- 1 cup oat flour (sifted)
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 cup heavy cream (chilled)
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 2 teaspoons bourbon whiskey
For The Cake:
For the Whipped Cream:
- This recipe originated on an episode of Giada Entertains. Episode: Go Green or Go Home.
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. Butter a 9 inch spring form pan and line the bottom with parchment. Butter the parchment as well.
- In a small saucepan heat the 1 stick of butter and stout over medium heat until the butter is melted. Set aside to cool slightly.
- Meanwhile in a medium bowl whisk together the cocoa powder, sugar, yogurt, eggs, extract and salt until smooth. Pour in the stout mixture and whisk again until fully incorporated. Add the flours and baking soda and fold to combine. Pour the mixture into the prepared pan and bake for about 1 hour or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out with just a few crumbs. Allow to cool completely.
- In a medium bowl, use a handheld mixer on medium speed to beat the heavy cream, sugar and whiskey to soft peaks, about 1 minute. Serve the cake dolloped with whisky whipped cream.
- Nutrition Serving Size
- per serving
- 66 grams
- 13 grams
- 20 grams
- Saturated Fat
- 5 grams
- 63 milligrams
- 245 milligrams
- 6 grams
- 47 grams