You must be signed in to print this content
Lemon Torta Caprese
Giada De Laurentiis
- 1 1/2 sticks (3/4cup unsalted butter)
- 6 ounces white chocolate (chopped)
- 5 eggs (divided)
- 1/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- 2/3 cup sugar
- 1 1/2 cups blanched almond flour
- 1/4 cup lemon juice (from 2 lemons)
- 4 teaspoons lemon zest (from 4 lemons)
- This recipe originated on an episode of Giada Entertains. Episode: Baby Shower Brunch.
- Place the butter and chocolate in the top of a double boiler and melt until smooth. Cool slightly until just warm to the touch.
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. Butter the inside of a 9 inch spring form pan.
- Place the egg whites in a medium bowl with the salt. Place the yolks in a slightly larger bowl with the sugar. Using a handheld mixer beat the whites on medium speed until stiff peaks form, about 2 minutes. Transfer the mixer to the yolk bowl and beat on medium speed until light, pale and fluffy, about 1 1/2 minutes. Using a rubber spatula, stir the chocolate mixture, almond flour, lemon juice and lemon zest into the yolks. In 2 batches, fold the whipped whites into the chocolate base. Pour the mixture into the prepared pan and bake for 45 minutes or until puffed, golden brown and a toothpick inserted in the center comes out with just a few moist crumbs.
- Cool completely on a wire rack. When cool, run a thin knife around the edge of the pan to release the cake. Remove the outside ring and dust the top with confectioners sugar. Serve with soft whipped cream if desired.
- per serving
Amount/Serving % Daily Value
- 28 grams
- 7 grams
- 16 grams
- Saturated Fat
- 5 grams
- 85 milligrams
- 105 milligrams
- 2 grams
- 24 grams