Crostini with Whipped Fig Ricotta and Crispy Salumi
Appetizer Side Dish Snack
Giada De Laurentiis
- 14 1/4 inch slices baguette
3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
1/4 cup honey
- 1/2 cup water
- 1 cinnamon stick
- 3 2 inch strips of lemon zest, removed with a peeler
- 7 dried figs (cut into 6 pieces)
- 1 cup whole milk ricotta cheese
3 tablespoons olive oil (divided)
- 3/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- 3 ounces spicy Calabrian Salumi (cut into 1/4 inch pieces)
- 1/4 cup small basil leaves (optional)
For the Crostini:
For the Topping:
- This recipe originated on an episode of Giada Entertains. Episode: The Art Of Surprise.
- Preheat the oven to 450 degrees F.
- Brush the slices of baguette with the olive oil and place on a rimmed baking sheet. Season with the salt and bake for 5 to 8 minutes or until golden brown and crispy. Remove the crostini to a wire rack to cool.
- In a small sauce pan combine the honey, water, cinnamon, lemon zest and salt. Bring to a simmer over medium heat. Remove from the heat and stir in the figs. Allow the figs to steep for 5 minutes.
- Using a slotted spoon, remove the softened figs from the liquid to the bowl of a food processor. Pulse until smooth. Add the ricotta cheese, 2 tablespoons oil and salt. Puree until light, fluffy and smooth.
- Heat a small skillet over medium high heat. Add the remaining tablespoon olive oil and the chopped salumi. Cook stirring often until the salumi is golden brown and crispy. Drain well on a paper towel lined plate.
- To assemble, spread some fig ricotta over a crostini. Top with a sprinkling of crispy salumi and a few basil leaves if desired.
- per serving
Amount/Serving % Daily Value
- 24 grams
- 6 grams
- 11 grams
- Saturated Fat
- 3 grams
- 14 milligrams
- 557 milligrams
- 1 grams
- 7 grams