Giada's Cacio e Pepe with Pancetta and Arugula
Giada's Cacio E Pepe With Pancetta And Arugula
Main Course pasta
Giada De Laurentiis
- 1 pound creste del gallo pasta (or other curved pasta shape)
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1/3 pound pancetta (diced)
- 1½ teaspoons freshly ground black pepper
- 2 cups freshly grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 cup freshly grated pecorino cheese
- 2 tablespoons butter (at room temperature)
- 3 cups packed baby arugula (roughly chopped)
- Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil over high heat. Cook the pasta for 8 minutes (or just 2 minutes under the suggested cooking time). Drain well, reserving 1½ cups of pasta water.
- Meanwhile, heat a large straight sided skillet over medium heat. Add the olive oil and pancetta. Cook stirring often with a wooden spoon until the pancetta is crisp, about 10 minutes. Add the pepper and toast, stirring often, until fragrant. Add 1/2 cup of pasta water to the pan and scrape up all the bits that are sticking to the bottom.
- Add the pasta and sprinkle with the Parmesan cheese. Add another 1/2 cup pasta water and stir to coat all of the pasta in the cheese. Add the pecorino and the butter and stir to combine, creating a light creamy cheese sauce. Add the arugula and cook until wilted. Add additional pasta water as needed to maintain the light sauce consistency. Serve with more grated cheese if desired.
- per serving
Amount/Serving % Daily Value
- 59 grams
- 31 grams
- 34 grams
- Saturated Fat
- 15 grams
- 73 milligrams
- 917 milligrams
- 3 grams
- 3 grams
3 reviews & comments
Super fantastic recipe
Can I use fresh spinach? Do not have arugula
I think I'd add some sun dried tomatoes as well!