Giada Tried It: Dada Eats Cookie Pie
- 2 tablespoons ground flaxseed
- 5 tablespoons warm water
- 5 tablespoons maple almond butter* (See Chef's Note)
- 3 tablespoons coconut oil (melted and cooled)
- 1 cup + 1 tablespoon blanched almond flour
- 1/3 cup coconut sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/4 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 2 tablespoons almond milk
- 1/2 cup chocolate chips of choice
For The Flax Eggs (*can substitute 1 normal egg if not making vegan):
For The Cookie Dough:
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Grease an oven-safe skillet with coconut oil.
- Make flax eggs by combining 2 tablespoons of flaxseed meal and 5 tablespoons warm water in a small bowl. Stir to combine and set aside.
- In a medium bowl, microwave almond butter and coconut oil for 30 seconds. Stir together until creamy. Add vanilla extract and coconut sugar, and stir well to combine.
- Once the flax egg mixture has set and thickened up (should take about 5 minutes) add it to the wet mixture and stir to combine.
- In a separate bowl, mix together almond flour, baking soda, and baking powder. Slowly add the dry mixture to the wet mixture in increments until well combined. Add almond milk and stir well. Fold in the chocolate chips.
- Transfer the batter to oven-safe skillet. Bake for 20-25 minutes or until edges are golden brown, and toothpick inserted in center comes out clean. Let cool for 5 minutes before cutting and serving.
- Nutrition Serving Size
- per serving
Amount/Serving % Daily Value
- 18 grams
- 5 grams
- 18 grams
- Saturated Fat
- 6 grams
- 2 milligrams
- 55 milligrams
- 3 grams
- 14 grams