Crudites With Walnut Butter
Giada De Laurentiis
- 1 fennel (cut into 8 thin wedges)
- 8 red or breakfast radishes (halved)
- 4 thin carrots (peeled and cut in half lengthwise)
- 1 heart of romaine (leaves pulled apart and left whole)
- 1 yellow pepper (seeded and cut into 8 wedges)
- 1 pint cherry tomatoes
- 4 stalks of celery (cut in half on a sharp bias)
- 1 baguette (sliced on a bias into ½-inch pieces)
- ½ cup toasted walnut halves and pieces
- 1 teaspoon chopped thyme leaves
- 8 tablespoons 1 stick unsalted butter, at room temperature
- ½ teaspoon kosher salt
- ‚Öõ teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
For The Walnut Butter:
- For the crudités: Arrange all of the vegetables and the baguette slices on a platter or board or in a basket.
- For the walnut butter: Place the walnuts and thyme in the bowl of a food processor. Pulse until the nuts are finely chopped. Add the butter, salt, and black pepper and puree until smooth, stopping and scraping down the sides as needed.
- Serve the butter at room temperature alongside the crudités and bread.