Crispy Goat Cheese Salad
Giada De Laurentiis
- 8 ounces goat cheese (at room temperature)
- 3 tablespoons chopped basil
- 1 teaspoon lemon zest
- 1/4 teaspoon kosher salt (plus more for sprinkling)
- 8 sheets phyllo dough
- 1/3 cup olive oil
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 teaspoon freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 3 cups baby arugula
- 1 bunch frisee lettuce (root end removed)
- 1/2 cup edible rose petals
For The Goat Cheese:
For The Salad:
- This recipe originally appeared on Giada Entertains: Giada's Thank You Lunch.
- For the goat cheese: Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F. Line a small baking sheet with parchment and set aside.
- Stir together the goat cheese, basil, lemon and salt with a rubber spatula in a medium bowl.
- Lay one sheet of phyllo flat in front of you. Brush it gently with some of the oil. Lay another piece of phyllo on top and brush gently with more oil. Continue two more times to have 4 sheets of phyllo. Cut the dough into 5 strips. Scoop a tablespoon of the goat cheese mixture onto one end of a strips. Bring a corner up and over the cheese to line up the bottom edge with the right edge of the phyllo forming a triangle. Continue to do this, folding the phyllo like flag, until you have a little triangle goat cheese package. Continue with the remaining strips and repeat the process with remaining sheets of phyllo. Place the triangles on the prepared pan and brush the tops with more oil. Sprinkle the tops with a pinch of salt. Bake until golden brown and crispy, about 12 minutes.