You must be signed in to print this content
Moroccan Lemon Chicken
Giada De Laurentiis
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 4 bone-in (skin-on chicken breast halves)
- 1 1/4 teaspoons kosher salt
- 1 shallot (chopped)
- 1 preserved lemon (inside discarded, skin thinly sliced)
- 1/2 cup pitted mixed marinated olives (halved)
- 1/2 cup sun-dried tomatoes in oil (drained and chopped)
- 1 cup white wine
- 1 cup low-sodium chicken broth
- 4 sprigs oregano
- 2 tablespoons chopped Italian parsley
- Chive blossoms (for garnish, optional)
- This recipe originally appeared on Giada Entertains: Giada's Thank You Lunch.
- Heat the oil a medium straight-sided skillet over medium-high heat. Dry the chicken breasts well and sprinkle evenly with the salt. Place the breasts skin-side down in the hot pan and cook undisturbed until deep golden brown, about 6 minutes. Using tongs, flip the chicken to the bone side and continue to cook for another 5 minutes. Remove to a plate while you build the sauce.
- In the same pan, add the shallots and sweat, stirring occasionally, for a minute. Add the preserved lemon, olives and sun-dried tomatoes and stir to combine. Deglaze with the white wine, scraping up the brown bits from the bottom of the pan with a wooden spoon. Simmer for 3 minutes to reduce slightly. Add the chicken broth and return to a simmer. Add the oregano and the chicken back to the sauce. Spoon some of the liquid over the chicken. Cover the pan and simmer gently until an instant-read thermometer registers 160 degrees F, about 25 minutes. Allow the chicken to rest in the sauce for 10 minutes. Stir in the parsley.
- Serve the chicken with a generous helping of the sauce and sprinkled with chive blossoms if using.
- Nutrition Serving Size
- per serving
Amount/Serving % Daily Value
- 12 grams
- 3 grams
- 11 grams
- Saturated Fat
- 2 grams
- 456 milligrams
- 3 grams
- 2 grams