Chocolate Pumpkin Cheesecake Souffle
Giada De Laurentiis
- 4 tablespoons unsalted butter (at room temperature, plus more for the souffle dish)
- One 8-ounce package cream cheese (at room temperature)
- 1/2 cup pumpkin puree
- 4 large eggs (separated, at room temperature)
1/3 cup cake flour
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 cup whole milk (at room temperature)
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup 60 percent chocolate chips (melted)
- This recipe originally appeared on Giada's Holiday Handbook. Episode: Giada's Italian Thanksgiving.
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. Butter the inside of an 8-inch souffle dish. Place in a roasting pan that fits the dish.
- Add the cream cheese, pumpkin puree and butter to a medium bowl. Using a rubber spatula, mix together until smooth and well combined. Switch to a whisk and add the egg yolks one at a time, making sure they are fully incorporated before adding the next yolk. Add the cake flour, vanilla and cinnamon and mix well until smooth. Slowly add the milk until fully incorporated. Set aside.
- Beat the egg whites in a large bowl using an electric hand mixer on medium-high speed until soft peaks form, about 3 minutes. With the mixer running, slowly sprinkle in the sugar until glossy and stiff peaks form. Fold one-third of the egg white into the cream cheese mixture using the whisk until incorporated. Repeat with another third. Now add the cream cheese mixture into the bowl with the remaining egg white and, using a spatula, gently fold in the remaining egg white until no streaks remain.
- Pour the mixture into the prepared dish. Drizzle with the melted chocolate and run a skewer through the top to make a design. Fill the roasting pan with enough hot water to come halfway up the sides of the souffle dish and place in the oven. Bake for 10 minutes. Reduce the heat to 300 degrees F and continue to bake until the souffle is just set but still a little jiggly in the center, about 50 minutes. Allow to cool to room temperature in the water bath. Remove from the water and refrigerate to cool completely, at least 2 hours. Use a large spoon to serve the souffle.
- Nutrition Serving Size
- per serving
Amount/Serving % Daily Value
- 21 grams
- 5 grams
- 16 grams
- Saturated Fat
- 9 grams
- 115 milligrams
- 127 milligrams
- 1 grams
- 16 grams