Chicken Salad with Fennel and Baby Kale
Giada De Laurentiis
- Large spoonfull of dijon mustard
- Juice from half of a lemon
- Kosher salt
- Fennel bulb (thinly sliced)
- 2 stalks of celery (thinly sliced)
- 2 large handfuls of baby kale
- Half of a store-bought rotisserie chicken (Or replace with toasted walnuts or almonds)
- Parmigiano Reggiano
For The Dressing:
For The Salad:
- In a small bowl, whisk together a large spoonful of Dijon mustard, squeeze of half of a juicy lemon and a three count drizzle of olive oil. Taste the dressing and season it with kosher salt. Add a thinly sliced fennel bulb, 2 stalks of celery that have been thinly sliced and 2 large handfuls of baby kale. Toss lightly and gently to coat in the dressing. Taste it again to see if it needs a bit more salt. Use your hands to shred apart a half of a store-bought rotisserie chicken and throw that in the bowl as well.
- Divide into 2 bowls and top with some shards of Parmigiano Reggiano. This isn’t the time for the rasp. Get out the vegetable peeler and make nice thick ribbons. Don’t have the chicken? Add some toasted walnuts or almonds for added protein. Serving 4? Just double this.