Caramelized Apple and Pomegranate Tart
Giada De Laurentiis
- 14 ounces frozen puff-pastry sheet (thawed)
- 1 cup apple butter
- ¼ cup almond butter
- 2 Granny Smith apples (halved, cored, and sliced thin)
- 4 tablespoons butter (melted)
- 5 tablespoons confectioners' sugar
- ½ teaspoon ground cinnamon
- ¼ cup toasted pine nuts
- 1 cup orange marmalade
- ¼ cup pomegranate seeds
- 1 quart vanilla ice cream (for serving)
- On a lightly floured surface, unroll the puff pastry sheet and gently roll it to ‚1-inch thickness. It should be about 13 x 10 inches in size. Place the puff pastry on a parchment-lined rimmed baking sheet and prick it all over with the tines of a fork, making sure to go over the entire pastry well. Place the pastry in the freezer for 10 minutes to chill.
- Preheat the oven to 425°F. In a small bowl, mix together the apple butter and almond butter. Using a small offset spatula, spread the mixture evenly over the chilled puff pastry, going almost all the way to the edges, leaving about ½ inch. Nestle the slices of apple in neat rows over the top, overlapping slightly to cover the tart.
- Brush the apples with the melted butter and sift the confectioners' sugar evenly over the entire tart, followed by the cinnamon. Bake the tart for 30 minutes or until golden brown and crispy on the edges. Remove the tart immediately to a wire rack and sprinkle with the pine nuts.
- Meanwhile, in a small skillet, warm the marmalade and 2 tablespoons of water over medium heat, whisking until combined and just warm. Brush this mixture evenly over the warm tart. Dot evenly with the pomegranate seeds. Cut into squares and serve warm, topped with the vanilla ice cream.
- Nutrition Serving Size
- per serving
Amount/Serving % Daily Value
- 42 grams
- 4 grams
- 18 grams
- Saturated Fat
- 6 grams
- 20 milligrams
- 92 milligrams
- 2 grams
- 27 grams