You must be signed in to print this content
Blue Cheese and Bacon Truffles
Giada De Laurentiis
- 6 ounces double-smoked bacon (chopped fine)
- 2 small shallots (minced)
- 4 ounces cream cheese (at room temperature)
- 4 ounces crumbled Gorgonzola (at room temperature)
- 1 1/2 cups finely crushed pretzels
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh chives
- As seen on: Giada Entertains, Episode 5. Kickoff Party.
- Place the bacon in a medium skillet and heat over medium heat. Cook the bacon until almost entirely crispy, about 10 minutes. Add the shallots and cook for an additional 2 minutes. Using a slotted spoon, scoop the bacon mixture into a medium bowl. Add the cream cheese and gorgonzola and mix well with a rubber spatula. Using a 1-tablespoon ice cream scoop, scoop little balls of the cheese mixture and roll them between your palms to smooth. Place on a plate, cover and refrigerate for at least 1 hour.
- When ready to serve, allow the balls to sit at room temperature for 5 minutes. Mix together the pretzels and chives in a small bowl. Roll the truffles in the crushed pretzel mixture and serve.
- Nutrition Serving Size
- per serving
Amount/Serving % Daily Value
- 21 grams
- 6 grams
- 10 grams
- Saturated Fat
- 5 grams
- 22 milligrams
- 508 milligrams
- 1 grams
- 1 grams