Sin City Cookies
Giada De Laurentiis
- 3 cups bread flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 cup unsalted butter (chilled and cubed)
- 1 cup light brown sugar
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 eggs (chilled)
- 2 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1 cup bittersweet chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup semi sweet chocolate chips
- As seen on: Giada In Italy, Episode 5. Giada's Daily Special.
- In a large bowl, whisk together the flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt. Set aside.
- In the bowl of a stand mixer fitted with the paddle attachment, beat the cold butter on medium speed, about 1 minute. Add the brown sugar and the sugar and mix until incorporated. Add the eggs and the vanilla. Mix on medium low speed until the mixture looks separated. Turn off the machine and add the dry ingredients. Mix on low speed just until the dough comes together. Turn off the machine and fold in the chips by hand using a rubber spatula.
- Drop the dough onto a parchment lined sheet tray in 1 cup size mounds. Place the tray in the freezer and freeze for 1 hour.
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees F.
- Place the tray directly from the freezer to oven and bake for 20 minutes or until still slightly under baked in the middle but golden brown around the edges and beginning to brown on top. Remove from the oven and cool the cookies on the tray for 5 minutes before cooling completely on a wire rack.