Roasted Caprese Bites
Giada De Laurentiis
- This recipe originally appeared on Giada Entertains: Jade's Chocolate Factory.
- Preheat the oven to 450 degrees F.
- Using a small serrated knife, cut off the top eighth of each tomato and hollow out the insides, leaving the sides intact. (Discard the seeds and insides.) Slice a small sliver off each tomato bottom so it sits flat. Drain well on paper towel, taking care to dry the inside.
- Sprinkle the tomatoes with 1/4 teaspoon salt. Stuff each tomato with a pinch of the chopped basil and a mozzarella ball and set on a small rimmed baking sheet.
- Combine the breadcrumbs with the olive oil, oregano and the remaining 1/2 teaspoon salt in a small bowl. Divide the mixture among the tops of the tomatoes.
- Bake until golden and the cheese is melted, about 10 minutes. Allow to cool for 10 minutes, then serve warm.