Chocolate Strawberry Cups
Giada De Laurentiis
- 5 ounces bittersweet chocolate (chopped)
- 1/3 cup heavy cream
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 4 strawberries (diced)
- A silicon mini muffin mold
- This recipe originally appeared on Giada Entertains: Jade's Chocolate Factory.
- Bring a small pan with 1 inch of water to a boil over medium-low heat. Place the chocolate in a small bowl and place over the simmering water. When the chocolate is almost halfway melted, remove the bowl from the heat to a towel. Continue to stir with a rubber spatula until completely melted.
- Spoon 1 teaspoon of chocolate into each of 12 cavities in a silicone mini muffin mold. Swirl the mold over a rimmed baking sheet to coat the sides of each mold. Chill in the refrigerator to set completely, about 45 minutes.
- Meanwhile, whisk together the cream, sugar and vanilla. Carefully unmold the chocolate cups and trim any excess with kitchen scissors. Fill each cup with a spoonful of strawberries and a dollop of cream. Serve immediately.