Grilled Skirt Steak and Herb Vinaigrette
Giada De Laurentiis
- One 1-pound skirt steak or flank steak
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/2 lemon
- 1 shallot (minced)
- 1/3 cup packed fresh basil leaves (chopped)
- 1/3 cup packed fresh mint leaves (chopped)
- 1/3 cup packed fresh Italian parsley leaves (chopped)
- 1/2 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 3/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 teaspoon grated lemon zest
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1/4 cup sliced almonds (toasted and chopped)
- 3/4 teaspoon smoked paprika
For The Steak:
For The Herb Vinaigrette:
- This recipe originally appeared on Giada on the Beach. Episode: Italian Surf 'n' Turf.
- For the steak: Preheat a grill or grill pan to medium high.
- Sprinkle the skirt steak with the salt and drizzle with the olive oil. Place on the grill and cook to the desired doneness, 4 to 6 minutes per side, depending on the thickness. (The outside of the steak should have a golden-brown char.) Remove to a platter and squeeze the lemon half over the steak. Let rest for 10 minutes.
- For the herb sauce: Meanwhile, put the shallot, basil, mint, parsley, olive oil, salt, lemon zest, lemon juice, almonds and paprika in a medium bowl. Mix together until combined.
- Cut the steak on the bias into 1/2-inch-thick slices, against the grain. Serve with the herb sauce.
- Nutrition Serving Size
- per serving
Amount/Serving % Daily Value
- 3 grams
- 13 grams
- 21 grams
- Saturated Fat
- 4 grams
- 39 milligrams
- 222 milligrams
- 1 grams
- 1 grams